The new Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard was released in 2018 by Razor USA LLC.
- This smart hoverboard is designed for a safer, smoother ride and gives the user ultimate satisfaction.
- What makes the Hovertrax different from other brands is the features that is being offered by the manufacturer.
This model, at the same time ensures the safety of customers by meeting the industry’s highest electrical safety standards, the UL2272 certification.
- This white hoverboard is world’s smartest self-balancing electrical scooter. It balances itself with the help of gyroscopic sensor, is UL2272 certified for electrical safety and above all, has the facility to replace dead battery with new one which makes It unique of its kind.
- While considering its specifications, it provides a top speed of 6 miles per hour which is slightly slow than other brands but it is way faster than the walking speed. The battery capacity of the white hoverboard is expected to be around 60 minutes.
Like any other standard hoverboards, the weight capacity is 220 lbs with a dimension of 24.5” L * 9” W * 8.75” H. This white Hoverboard is also available in Black, Blue, Green and Red Colour. But what makes this hoverboard unique? Let us review in detail to know more about this product.
Razor Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard features are what makes it unique and safe. This electric scooter is intelligently engineered and is the only hoverboard that levels automatically during mounting and riding.
The silent but powerful motors, gyro sensing technology for self-balancing, replaceable battery and many more features are just amazing even from the first look.
Motors: The 350-watt dual hub motors are powerful but cruises so quietly and can run continuously for 60 minutes. The motor allows the user to cruise at a speed of up to 8mph.
Self-Balancing Sensor: This Smart Scooter makes use of the gyroscopic technology in its self-balancing sensor to help the user in maintaining a perfect balance while riding.
Operation Modes: The Hoverboard can be operated in two modes based on the skill level of the user. If the rider is new to riding a hoverboard, then the training mode can be selected. But if the rider is more experienced, then the standard mode can be used to make use the hoverboard’s full potential and performance.
Hoverboard Shell: The shell of this white hoverboard is made of a durable polymer material. This new material is shatter-resistant and helps to protect the components inside the scooter from any accidental damage while riding it.
Even the small scratches that usually occur in the previous versions is prevented by making use of this polymer. There is also a fender bumper protection that protects the Hovertrax from scrapes and scratches.
Footpads: The anti-slip footpad provides a better grip during the ride. This footpad is made of good quality rubber to help in smooth, trouble-free ride. Not only does it help in providing the required grip but also helps to maintain the same balance while managing and steering the scooter.
Wheels: The wheels are high quality aluminium hub wheels and the wheels are made of rubber to provide light, but smooth rides.
Battery: The battery used in this hoverboard is a quick change 36V lithium ion battery with authentic LG cells. If the rider wants to continue riding for a longer time, then the battery can be changed on the go. The rider just needs to replace the dead battery with a fully charged one and continue his ride.
There is no need to stop for recharging. This is one of the features that makes this white hoverboard unique. The battery is also quickly rechargeable in just about 2 hours.
Power Indicator: The power indicator is an LED indicator that shows the amount of charge left in the battery. At the same time, the Indicator also shows the mode in which the hoverboard is currently operating – training mode or standard mode.
LED Light Bars: The signature cool-blue LED light bars light up the ride for the rider. The white hoverboard with lights add style to the scooter.
In addition to these features, there is no need for assembly of this Razor Hovertrax 2.
The white hoverboard is certainly superior both in technology and sophistication but there are a few hitches in this product. It is certainly left to the user to decide whether these are cons of the product as many users prefer it this way.
- The life of the battery is about 60 minutes. While this is preferred for riding inside the home or to a nearby place, 60 minutes might not be enough for long rides. In case of going long distance, it is better to take another fully charged battery in hand. Of course, the feature to easily replace the battery on the go, helps here.
- The top speed of the hoverboard is 6 miles per hour. While the other hoverboards in the market are 8mph or more, this is relatively slow. But again, do all riders prefer a greater speed? Many users don’t prefer a speed above 8 mph. Hence, this is quite debatable. As Razor is a company that concentrates more on scooters, this might probably be a one made on purpose.
- The hoverboard has no ability to jump curbs and is also not waterproof. So, it is not possible to take it out during wet weather conditions.
- The warranty period for this product is very less. The usual period is a 90-day warranty. But one can avail additional years of protection by purchasing the white hoverboard amazon protection offer while purchasing the hoverboard.
Advantages Over Competition
The first version of Razor’s Hoverboards were slightly underperforming and overpriced. But Razor Hovertrax 2 is a better product and has unique features that makes it a superior product than its competitors.
- There are 2 electric motors – one on each wheel and thus, provides perfect balance while riding. Also, the ease of use of this product is incomparable.
- There are not many hoverboards with a feature to replace battery and that too this much easily. But in Hovertrax, the battery is easily replaceable on the go.
- The shape of the wheel hub is also an added advantage in this Hovertrax. The wheel hub has been designed to protect the feet from the debris. The scooter can be taken outside even after it has rained outside and still your feet won’t get dirty.
- Another feature is the modes of operation. This is also not seen in any hoverboards except Razor. While the beginners would enjoy the training mode to get used to its’ functionality, experienced riders would be able to use it to its full potential with the standard mode.
- The price of the Razor Hovertrax 2 is quite reasonable and ranges between $400 – $500. This is very cheap compared to the other hoverboards with the same specifications. In Amazon, one can get this white hoverboard cheap.
There is no better hoverboard in the market than the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 self-balancing smart scooter. It has many good things attached to it. The quality of the materials is superior. It is a quiet as well as light hoverboard but at the same time, it is also stable. Other boards to take into account when shopping are found at: https://best2wheelscooter.com/top-rated-hoverboards/
The speed might be slower but is certainly the best way to avoid accidents. The changeable battery is a feature that is quite useful and handy. It is an excellent and reliable self-balancing scooter, and is a great choice to get for kids as well as experienced riders.