The wait to buy your dream self-balancing scooter is over, as the Swagtron T3 gold hoverboard is here to give you all the zipping fun you need.
Swagway, the company that makes the Swagtron range of hoverboards has given new life to the hoverboard craze that died shortly after some nasty fire-ups.
The new and improved, UL 2272 certified Swagtron T3 is your answer to a safe hoverboarding experience.
Read on as we tease the features of the T3 and you will find out why it is one of the best selling hoverboards on Amazon.
Best features of this Gold Colored Hoverboard
The SWAGTRON T3 – UL 2272 Certified is the safest hoverboard out there as it comes with a number of improvements from its predecessor.
- SentryShield technology – The Lithium ion batteries are encased in a multi-layer aluminum casing which makes it fire-proof and damage-proof. A 10 ton battery crush test is proof enough for the battery’s safety.
- Smart battery management – This protects the battery by constantly checking for overvoltage, short circuiting, temperature fluctuations and overcharging.
- Silicone coating – It’s not just the battery that gets all the attention, but all the internal components are coated with fire-proof silicone for extra safety. The circuits and cords are also sealed, making them fire-proof.
- Torture tests – The Swagtron T3 has undergone an impressive line-up of torture tests for electrical safety from overcharge test to crash test to drop test and many more.
- Safe stop technology – If the battery dies out, the safe stop technology will lower the speed of the hoverboard before coming to a complete halt. This will protect you from dangerous falls, especially if you were cruising at top speeds.
- Battery indicators – The five level battery indicators will help you stay informed about your battery charge.
Stable and capable
The hoverboard is equipped with dual motors and is gear stabilized for superior control. The open wheels and downhill traction feature make it extremely stable. As if that wasn’t enough, the expanded 6 inch wide foot pads will give you the best grip you need when you’re cruising.
The body of the Swagtron T3 is made of fire retardant ABS plastic and comes with a unique centre band that prevents breakage associated with stepping on and off the board. The wheels are made of milled aluminum and the total weight capacity is 220 lbs, making it ideal for people of all ages.
A powerful 300 Watt motor lets you achieve a top speed of 8mph and will last you 12 to 15 miles of fun before a recharge is needed.
Three operating modes viz. learner, standard and pro are designed to suit different user needs. The learner mode is ideal for beginners and kids. Once you get the hang of the device, you can upgrade to the standard mode. For those who are speed thirsty, the pro mode will remove all speed restrictions and let you enjoy the hoverboard to its fullest capacity.
There are a number of UL 2272 certified hoverboards out there, but none of them match the slim and stylish look of the Swagtron T3. You can get the gold hoverboard Amazon has on offer and zip through the city, while you enjoy envious looks from total strangers.
Music and internet-ready
The Swagtron T3 gold hoverboard with Bluetooth and lights lets you take your music with you as you zip in style with its color co-ordinated LED lights. Bluetooth quad speakers allow you to play music directly from your smartphone.
You can also download the ios/Android smartphone app on your your phone to control your hoverboard. You will be able to check battery charge, speed and mode among various other things.
The UL 2272 certification ensures that only quality components go into the making of the hoverboard.The product is also backed by a 1 year warranty on parts and labor and a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
The Swagtron T3 does not only have zero emission, but it also comes with certifications such as UN38.3, FCC, CE, RohS and Prop 65, making it an eco-friendly hoverboard.
We understand that every product will have a few cons that could be a deciding factor for your purchase. The Swagtron T3 too has a few, rather minor negative points that we thought we should let you know, to make our gold hoverboard review, an unbiased one.
Speed and range
The top speed of 8 mph and the range of 12 – 15 miles is not the best in the segment, as there are cheaper hoverboards that boast a higher capability. But this, in addition to all other safety features, is what we think makes the Swagtron T3 a much safer hoverboard than other competing brands.
Not Water resistant
Though the Swagtron T3 can work efficiently in a wide range of temperatures, it is not water resistant and hence cannot be used in rain or snow.
Even though the climb angle of the Swagtron T3 is 30 degrees, it seems to slow down when it is used on inclined roads on hills.
Swagtron T3 versus Razor Hovertrax 2.0
- The world's smartest self-balancing electric scooter, made by Razor, the trusted...
- UL 2272 certified, ensuring that the patented Razor Hovertrax 2.0 meets the...
- Cruising speed of 8+ mph with silent 350-watt motors and a run-time of up to 60...
- Easy, quick-change 36V lithium ion battery pack made with authentic LG cells, so...
- Built with Razor's exclusive EverBalance technology, which automatically levels...
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is also UL 2272 certified like the Swagtron T3. It is slightly faster than the T3 with a top speed range of 8-10 mph and is also slightly cheaper than the T3. But the Hovertrax does not have the additional feature of Bluetooth speakers and so if you like your device to have music, then the Swagtron T3 will be a better choice.
Swagtron T3 versus Kiwano KO-X
- SAFETY: UL 2272 SAFETY HOLOGRAM CERTIFICATE
- MOTOR: 800 WATT ELECTRIC POWER MOTOR NEW - RESISTANCE: IPX4 WATER RESISTAN
- BATTERY LIFE: UP TO 2 HOURS * SAFE BATTERY: UL 2271 CERTIFIED LG LITHIUM ION...
- SIZE: 8.5 INCH NEVER-FLAT TIRES * WEIGHT LIMIT: 44 LBS TO 260 LBS * HILL GRADE:...
- SPEED: UP TO 10 MPH RANGE: UP TO 10 MILES TIRE * GUARANTEED WARRANTY
Another hoverboard in the same price range as the Swagtron T3 is the Kiwano KO-X. It has better features when compared to the T3 such as a higher top speed of 15.5 mph and all-terrain compatible tires. Nevertheless, it loses out to the T3 on the size factor as the Kiwano KO-X is a heavy-duty scooter and is naturally bulkier than the Swagtron T3.
Swagtron T3 versus Jetson V6
The Jetson V6 is another hoverboard in the same segment as the Swagtron T3. It is faster than the T3 with a top speed of 15mph and has Bluetooth speakers and app compatibility like the T3. Even though the Jetson V6 is very similar to the Swagtron T3 in many aspects, it loses out to the T3 in its looks as it is bigger and bulkier though weighing almost the same.
The T3 not only looks slimmer but also looks better with its futuristic design.
True to its name, the Swagtron T3 has got the maximum swag when it comes to a great-looking hoverboard that is high on safety. It is great for those of you who need your music everywhere you go. Simply stream your music straight from your smartphone to your gold hoverboard bluetooth and cruise to your favourite tune.
- The Swagtron T3 also comes in an array of colours and if you can find a gold hoverboard for sale, then you could own an exclusive coloured hoverboard for almost the same price as the others.
- It’s not without a reason that we recommend the Swagtron T3 when there are a number of cheaper options. Not all of them come with a UL 2272 certification and that makes your hoverboard one of the safest.
- Most recommended choice to buy
Swagway is the pioneer in this entire space. So the gold hoverboard price you pay is for the peace of mind you get so that you are only thinking about the fun your are having when you’re zipping on one and not worrying when it will explode under your feet!
- 1 Best features of this Gold Colored Hoverboard
- 2 Negative points
- 3 Swagtron T3 versus Razor Hovertrax 2.0
- 4 Swagtron T3 versus Kiwano KO-X
- 5 Swagtron T3 versus Jetson V6